Hi, I’m Clare,
I am passionate about gentle, conscious mothering and the potential this brings for personal and world transformation.
The threads of nurture, connection and transformation run throughout my work as a writer, Pregnancy Yoga Teacher and Forest School Leader.
My articles feature regularly in natural parenting magazines and my first book Milestones of Motherhood published by Mother’s Milk Books comes out later this year. Milestones brings together the voice of over 50 mothers and explores the ways in which women grow and change through the mothering journey.
Yoga has been a constant part of my life and its phiolsophies support and nurture my mothering and lifestyle. I teach weekly Pregnancy Yoga and Birth Preparation Classes in Whitehaven which support and empower women during their pregnancy journey.
After running the Beautiful Beginnings Parent & Child Group in West Cumbria for five years, I am now developing the Beautiful Beginnings Family Forest School where families come together to share the Forest School expereince.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2003 – MRes Environment & Development, Lancaster University
- 2005 – Gradute Diploma Youth & Community Work
- 2004-2008 – British Wheel of Yoga Teaching Diploma
- 2007 – Birth of my first daughter
- 2009 – British Wheel of Yoga Pregnancy Yoga
- 2010 – Home water birth of my second daughter
- 2010 – NHS Breast Feeding Peer Support
- 2011 – Founding of Beautiful Beginnings Parent & Child Group, Maryport
- 2012 – Home birth of my son
- 2013 – Breastfeeding Mother Supporter, Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- 2013 – Paramana Doula Training, Michel Odent & Lilliana Lammers
- 2017 – Forest School Level 3 Practitioner, Kindling, FSA