Hi, I’m Clare,
I am passionate about gentle, conscious mothering and the potential this brings for personal and world transformation.
The threads of nurture, connection and transformation run throughout my work as a writer, my Pregnancy and Women’s Wellness Yoga and Forest School.
My articles feature regularly in natural parenting magazines such as The Mother and The Green Parent and my first book Milestones of Motherhood published by Mother’s Milk Books comes out in 2018. Milestones of Motherhood brings together the voices of over 50 mothers and explores the ways in which we as women grow and change through learning to love and mother our children.
Yoga is a constant part of my life and its philosophies and practices support and nurture my mothering and daily life. I teach weekly Pregnancy Yoga and Birth Preparation Classes in Whitehaven supporting and empowering women through their journeys of pregnancy and birth. Training as a Women’s Wellness Yoga Therapist with Uma Dinsmore Tuli, I offer Women’s Wellness Yoga Workshops and one to one Women’s Wellness Yoga Therapy for support around fertility, prolapse and all elements of the menstrual journey.
After running the natural parenting group Beautiful Beginnings in West Cumbria during the years my children were younger, I now run a small Family Forest School in Cumbria.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2003 – MRes Environment & Development, Lancaster University
- 2005 – Graduate Diploma Youth & Community Work
- 2004-2008 – British Wheel of Yoga Teaching Diploma
- 2007 – Birth of my first daughter
- 2009 – British Wheel of Yoga Pregnancy Yoga
- 2010 – Home water birth of my second daughter
- 2010 – NHS Breast Feeding Peer Support
- 2011 – Founding of Beautiful Beginnings Parent & Child Group, Maryport
- 2012 – Home birth of my son
- 2013 – Breastfeeding Mother Supporter, Association of Breastfeeding Mothers
- 2013 – Paramana Doula Training, Michel Odent & Lilliana Lammers
- 2017 – Forest School Level 3 Practitioner, Kindling, FSA
- 2018 – Women’s Wellness Yoga Therapy, Uma Dinsmore Tuli